Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fuzz II

Some more great fuzz layouts. Again, none of this work is mine, so all praise goes to the tracers. Credits are on the layouts; for more info check out  freestompboxes.org and tagboardeffects (IvIark) for the originals and more info. If you really like a design, please support the builder by buying his or her pedal (if it's still made).

Fulltone '70 fuzz. I'm a fan of the '69m but haven't heard this one in person. Posted here as a reminder to myself that I should build it.

One of my favourite Ge Fuzz Face clones. Built one with AC128's and it has great vintage tone and cleans up really well when you work the knob on the guitar. Warm, wooly sound, even with single coils.

Mosrite Fuzzrite: unfortunately I couldn't find the specified trannies and haven't looked at substitutions. That's why it's here, because I really should look for substitutions!

The Axxis Fuzz supposedly works better with cranked amps, not so much at bedroom volumes. I have the Classic Fuzz and that does indeed sound much better playing out than at home.

Only played the D*A*M Sonic Titan with single coils. I think it sounds more like an od/fuzz hybrid but that makes it a great pedal and makes it stand out. Definitely more polite than the Meathead and Fleshhead. 

Karl Fuzz by Lovepedal.

Can't find much info on the Dirty Sanchez (try googling that...), so I guess I have to try it for myself.

Wooly Mammoth bass fuzz. I don't even have a bass...

No comments:

Post a Comment